About the Job
Our engineers attack interesting, difficult problems while working tightly with data scientists and business experts. We deliver actionable intelligence from massive data sets, work in small teams and ship often.
Our data mining and machine learning pipeline is built in Java, Python, Jython and Groovy. We use MySQL, Redis, Storm, Weka, Hive, Hadoop and elasticsearch at different points in our cloud-deployed platform.
- Write clean, maintainable, high-quality code.
- Take new products from prototype to deployment.
- Own your code. You wouldn’t hesitate to perform production support for stuff you’ve built.
- Quickly deploy out-of the-box solutions where possible, innovate when necessary.
- Stay current with advancements in technology and advocate for the appropriate use of those advancements in our own stack.
- You are an expert with either Java or Python, and willing to work in any language appropriate to the problem.
- Your ability to communicate and collaborate is equal to your technical skill.
- You realize that the ideal first release of a product is one that may not include all the features the business wants but works better than the audience expects.
- You have a strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis. BS in CS or equivalent.
- You care deeply about the details while always keeping the big picture in mind.
- You enjoy developing creative solutions to difficult problems in an autonomous, lean environment with direct contact to top management and industry experts.
- You have interesting projects in your public GitHub.