About The Role:
The primary role of this position is to provide leadership in developing data science
solutions to optimize operations and revenue in retailing business, and to ensure that
the techniques and methods are appropriate, effective and leading-edge. Specific
responsibilities of the position include:
▪ Optimizing products matching, classification, and assortment
▪ Developing price/demand models and optimizing business revenue
▪ Building pricing solutions and local pricing strategies
▪ Working closely with engineering team and building competitive advantage with
▪ Developing research agendas and implementation plans
▪ Conducting research into new or alternative methods and techniques
The primary requirement for this role is demonstrated expertise in operations research
and statistics. In addition, incumbents in this position will possess the ability to solve
analytic and software problems, think creatively and work effectively with teams of
professionals engaged in tackling real-world business problems.
• Ph.D., or master degree with 5 years industrial experience in Operations
Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, or
• At least 3 years performing substantive design and analysis work in demand
modeling, revenue management, or pricing optimization.
• Solid understanding in Big Data technologies and applications (Hadoop,
MapReduce, Hive, Hbase, etc.)
• Solid experience in database management (MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres, etc) and
developing analytic solutions using statistical tools (e.g. R, SAS, or similar)
• Strong programming skills with a solid understanding of object oriented
languages and principles
• Solid hands on coding data science solutions in Python, Java, C++, or similar
• Sound presentation skills and visualizing complicated data science results in
Tableau, Microstrategy, or similar
• Strong team player
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Curious and interested in learning about the core challenges facing The Home
Depot, then crafting hypotheses to test.
Competitive base and bonus package.
Restricted Stock awards and Employee Stock Purchase Program
Very competitive Benefit Package that covers you and your family on day one.
Open and Flexible PTO
401 (k) and after one year, eligible for matching company contribution
Stocked Kitchen with frequent breakfast taco’s and a catered weekly lunch.
Work Life Balance
Located in the heart of downtown Austin.
Start Up Culture. Big Company Benefits.[button style=”green large rounded” link=”/welcome-to-the-bidding-network/”]Submit Your Resume[/button]